IOM-GBR – The future
As some of you already know, the IOM-GBR Class association now has a complete management team in place, made up of some new and previous members. The team is displayed on the foot of this document and their details and backgrounds can be viewed here on the IOM-GBR website: https://gbriom.com/management-team/ for the curious amongst you
So what now?
Well, I appreciate that many of you may be asking this question and here is the answer.
We are in the planning stage just now, the key objectives being to:
- Communicate how much fun is had by sailing IOMs
- Improving access to new and used boats
- Improving the user experience (both new and existing) by simplifying the access to spares maintenance and reliability of boats.
This represents a lot of work; lucky I have time on my hands and the support of an enthusiastic management team that is inspiring and motivating.
This all sounds wonderful, and I can now hear the questions…really? how is that going to happen?
So in answer to those questions this here is the plan list (in no particular order of importance) that is either already in progress or on the ‘to do’ list
- IOMGBR organized competition events (Opens, Rankings and Nationals) are being reviewed for 2021 in the light of current, predicted and best case scenarios
- 2022 IOMGBR organized competition events are in the early expression of interest planning stages, with a view to completion by mid 2021
- A Cloud based business quality secure document library using Microsoft OneDrive has already been set up and is being developed as a centralised resources for the management team
- The website layout is being redesigned with the objective of making it the ‘go to’ authority for all things IOM including such items as
- National Event news features,
- a new location for regional and local club news
- boat sailing tests
- buyers guide for new and used boats
- ‘how to’ maintenance help
- Home build features and resources….. And more
There you have it. Don’t worry if nothing appears to be happening, all the work is currently taking place out of sight while we put sound foundations in place to support future growth and activities of a dynamic IOM GBR class. Next update December 2020